This short-term disability insurance plan pays a $1,000 tax-free monthly benefit in the event that you become disabled due to an accident or illness. No proof of income, employment, or medical evaluation is required.
Benefit Amount: $1,000 monthly
Benefit Period: 1 year
Waiting Period: 5 days for disabilities due to accident, 14 days for disabilities due to illness
Click here for more information about Benefit & Waiting Periods
Type of Disability Insurance: Simplified Issue
Click here for more information about types of disability insurance
Definition of Disability: Regular Occupation if employed, Any Occupation if unemployed
If Employed: Disability means that the insured is unable, due directly to illness or accident, independent of any other cause to perform major duties of the occupation in which they were engaged in at the onset of their disability. To be considered disabled, the insured must be under the continuous care of a physician providing care suitable for their disability and must not be engaged in any remunerative work.
If Unemployed: Disability means that the insured is unable, due directly to illness or accident, independent of any other cause to perform their usual daily tasks and any other tasks for which they are reasonably qualified by education or experience. To be considered disabled, the insured must be under the continuous care of a physician providing care suitable for their disability at an appropriate frequency.
Click here for more information about definitions of disability
Integration of Benefits: Non-integrated
This means that monthly benefits are paid on top of, irrespective of other public or private income benefits.
Click here for more information about the integration of benefits
Inquire with your broker for any available riders
Click here for more information about riders
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions: Covered
No benefits are payable if disability is the result of any of the following;
– The abuse of alcohol or drugs
– Participating in a sport for renumeration
– Participating in a motor vehicle competition, race or speed contest
– An attempted suicide or intentional self injury
– Cosmetic care or treatement
– Experimental care or treatments, or new procedures not yet commonly used
– Participation in a public confrontatioon, riot, insurrection, war, or other acts of war declared or not
– Operation of a motor vehicle with an alcohol level exceeding 80mg per 100ml or under the influence of any drug
– Participation in a flight other than as a passenger
– The insured moves outside of Canada and does not continue to receive care from a Canadian licensed physician
Application is Fast & Easy
Get Quotes & Find Out if You Qualify
All quotes are provided by Red Helm Insurance Ltd. FSRA license #37440M, an independent brokerage specializing in health benefits. While all effort is made to ensure accuracy, quotes, rates, and plan details may be subject to review or change without prior notice. Plan eligibility is not guaranteed and may be subject to a medical questionnaire or other eligibility criteria. By submitting your information in our quote request form, you are accepting the terms and conditions of our website and are accepting that we communicate with you electronically for the purpose of solicitation.